SO SIMPLE healthy eating recipe for breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and for me it truly is! It helps me get my day started and start me off feeling all good inside. You should see me in my car jamming to my music because I am full off of nutrients from my breakfast. On the other hand, I can absolutely say that breakfast has to be quick but fulfilling for me. The reason I say quick is because I have to grab and go most of the time in the mornings because I am late (I am working on this by the way lol). I begin to think what can help me to get out the door quicker but also have a healthy eating breakfast. I begin to surf the web and I see how you can prep your food prior to the morning. This helps but it requires time to, but I came across a recipe I wanted to try for myself that included protein and vegetables with a dash of taste!
They are called egg breakfast muffins! The healthy eating recipe was the easiest recipe I ever made in life. I am glad it was easy because I am not the best recipe follower but I am working on that too. Below I shared with you the ingredients and how to prep for this amazing healthy eating recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Calories: 140 calories
1 cup of cooked chopped spinach
1/4 cup of crumbled turkey bacon
1/4 cup of shredded cheese
Salt & pepper
- Cook the spinach using salt, pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning in a non-stick pan after applying olive oil. Chop the spinach using a sharp knife to make it easier for it to blend. After it is chopped set it to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray to prevent stickiness.
- Proceed to cook the turkey bacon in a non-stick pan until done. Chop up the bacon using a sharp knife or simply use your hands to pull apart the bacon into pieces. (Make sure your hands are clean!)
- Crack the eggs into a cooking bowl and use a whisk or blender to blend the eggs until they are smooth.
- Add the spinach, bacon, and shredded cheese to the egg mixture and continue to stir until all the ingredients look blended and combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the muffin cup pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve during breakfast or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
Super easy right and it takes no time! For this particular healthy eating recipe, I liked that I could save the breakfast muffins and not have to eat them immediately that day. Each morning I grab one from a ziplock bag and pop it in the microwave and go. I hope that this was beneficial to all of you breakfast people out there, and hey you never know you may like this healthy eating recipe for a snack too!
Be sure to add your own flavor and switch it up to your kind of liking! Comment below your thoughts and how you might try this healthy eating recipe!