Hey everyone, as I told you all before I know that one pan meals are the best option for me because of my hectic weeks. It is way easier to plop something in the oven all in one, right! But it can take a while to chop and prep all the vegetables that come along with it.
I made something similar like this before and it required some of the same ingredients, so this recipe was like a spin off. I like trying new recipes and switching the ingredients out for others just to see how it would taste. Here is how it went below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55-60 minutes
¼ cup Olive oil
21 oz Chicken breast tenderloins (diced into small/medium size pieces)
Sweet potato chunks (can find at your local store or farmers market) or you can buy (1) sweet potato whole to peel and dice (It takes longer to cook this way)
1 Red onion (cut small)
4 garlic cloves (1 medium sized garlic equals 1-1 ½ tsp of minced garlic)
1 Red bell pepper (deseeded and diced)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp. of basil, parsley, and oregano
1 head broccoli cut into florets
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Use parchment paper on a big sheet and then arrange the sweet potatoes on the tray. Drizzle 1 tbs of oil, 1 crushed garlic clove, ½ tsp of oregano, basil, and parsley.
3. Toss the concoction evenly on the tray while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste for about 20-30 minutes. While it is cooking be sure to prep the other vegetables and chicken. Sweet potatoes should begin to soften on the outside.
4. Remove from the oven and place the chicken, broccoli, peppers, and onion around the sweet potatoes. Drizzle the rest of the oil and add your garlic and herbs as well. Toss everything together by swishing it back and forth on the parchment paper. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place the sheet back in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to mix and turn the chicken and ingredients together for it to be cooked thoroughly.