Today I am going to share with you a simple recipe for chicken and how to cook healthy. Chicken is such a popular meat and protein that sometimes if we don’t have variety it gets very boring! Finding new healthy recipes are easy coming from #CafeDelites. Her recipes are so simple to me! But anyhoo, my favorite kind of lean protein chicken is boneless skinless thin chicken breasts. I think they are the tastiest piece of the chicken, sometimes dry but this is why I say you have to spice it up! Heres how I made this one pan healthy meal!
I used it as a food prepping meal too because like I said you can never go wrong with chicken!
2 large eggs
1/3 cup parmesan shredded cheese
1 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
4 skinless boneless thin chicken breasts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
1/2 tablespoon of ground parsley
- Preheat the stove to 400 degrees. Use a baking sheet with parchment paper down and spray lightly with cooking spray or spread olive oil across the parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, garlics, parsley, salt & pepper.
- In another mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs and the parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then dip it into the breadcrumbs/parmesan mixture. Make sure you fully coat each side of the chicken in both mixing bowls.
- Then place the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Place in the oven for at least 15-20 minutes. Cook each side evenly until you notice a crisp golden look on the chicken.
This goes great with rice and or red potatoes and a green vegetable like green beans, asparagus, or broccoli. Let me know how this one pan healthy meal comes out for you!