Well I am back once again! As I begin to write my post I always think about how I can be of help to all of you on your health and wellness journey. I know I may throw out a lot of information and be long winded, but I really want you all to succeed and to be prepared. It is highly recommended for this major milestone in your life, if you really want it to last. I figured that in order to make these huge changes to your mind, body, and spirit, you should follow some steps for goal setting. The best way to make a change is to set goals. This way you are organized, prepared, and you know what comes next. It ultimately feels amazing when you are prepared and ready for anything new in your life. It may sound easy to just a set a goal and strive for it, but there are steps for goal setting. Below I am going to share with you some strategies and ideas you can put forth as you start goal setting for your health and wellness journey.
Steps for Goal Setting:
- KNOW what you want. Ask yourself what would be worth my time on my health and wellness journey? What pressing issue do I want to explore? Define what it is you want and follow through onto the next step for goal setting.
- WRITE IT DOWN. I know for me once you think it, you really mean it if you write it down. The words can come off of the page as you start your steps for goal setting. Write it in a journal or a poster board and put it somewhere you can see everyday! This will include a date you want this goal to be done, how much of it you want to be done, where it will be done, and why it will be done.
- Make sure your goal is ATTAINABLE & REASONABLE. This simply means knowing that your goal setting can be done. Make sure your goals can be achievable and be done in a reasonable amount of time. You want to be sure of this because you don’t want to fail yourself. If it helps, start off small and then work your way up to bigger goals.
- KNOW what resources you need available to be successful in meeting your goal. Whether your goals don’t require many resources you still want to make sure you are ready to begin. Pick a day and/or time that you will go out and secure any materials or resources you may need for your goal. It is important to have all you need to successfully achieve and reach your goal!
- Check yourself and your confidence level! If you are confident that you can do it, then you are already there! I think this is the most important goal because without your confidence, you wouldn’t be goal setting.
I hope all of those steps helped you all out, like really! I hope you got something out of this post, every little thing will count towards your health and wellness journey. These steps for goal setting are the steps I follow to accomplish anything I want to get done within my life. So far these steps for goal setting has worked for me because I have accomplished the majority of things I wanted to at that present moment. It is not hard for goal setting, if you want it BAD. Work for it like it is your last days. Continue to make a difference in your health and wellness journey. Hold those steps for goal setting with you, follow them, and watch what happens. Magic! 🙂